Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Packing

I haven't moved in the past eleven years (other than to school, but that doesn't count, because I could always leave stuff at home) and let me tell you, it's not something that I relish. I'm leaving for the cabin on Thursday, and I'll be up there until I move to school in August, but a major difference from last year is that other than Christmas break next year, I'll never be living at home again... if things go as planned. By this time next year, I hope to have been settled into my own apartment for a couple of weeks by now. Seeing as how that's what's on my agenda, I figured I could use the next couple of days to pack up everything in my room so Karen can move the rest of her stuff into it. Well, as you can imagine, it's not the easiest thing in the world. Not only do I have to unpack everything that I've brought home from school in the past few months and pack for the cabin, I have to try and sort things into categories: cabin stuff, school stuff, stuff that I really won't need for the next year, summer clothes, winter clothes, random things that I really don't know what to do with at this point. I only have two apple boxes that I can put stuff in, and somehow I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to need a few more than that! I keep thinking that I have everything out onto my floor, and then I remember that I have more stuff stored in my closet, downstairs, in my desk, under my bed... the list goes on. I sort of feel like this whole packing endeavor is a little premature, but other than Christmas break, I won't have time to do this anytime before I move. Plus, Karen should be able to have more space in this room, and this way I won't have to try and dig through her stuff to find mine. Oh, and there is a possibility that I'll be moving into an apartment over Christmas break next year, if I have a job that allows me to make rent by then. (That's because Erin will be in London for spring semester, and I don't really want to get assigned a random roommate for my last semester of college.) And besides, there's plenty of room in our basement to store my boxes, and there are definitely things that I will not use until I get into my own place. There's no sense in leaving them laying around to get ruined or in the way. Anyway, that's what's going on in my life right now, and I should probably get back to it or I won't have anywhere to sleep tonight. love!

No comments: