Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Ideas Please

As most of you know, I work in CSB Campus Ministry. Every year, we sponsor events during Advent that are... you guessed it!... Advent themed. This year, I am heading up alternative gift giving. What we plan on doing is coming up with a number of organizations and causes that people can donate to in place of giving physical gifts to family and friends and then getting that information out to Bennies and Johnnies.

So, I am looking for ideas of causes and/or specific organizations that you think would be good to work with. The example that I gave in the email I sent out to my coworkers was this: I am passionate about sending gifts to soldiers overseas, so I've been searching for organizations that allow people to donate money for a gift package to be sent to a soldier or will work with someone to put together a personal gift package and send it. I just wanted to see if there was anything that y'all are passionate about because we all have ideas about what would be cool to do for others this Christmas season, right? If you have anything for me, send the information/idea my way, okay?

Thanks a bunch, love you all.

No comments: