Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

And Life Goes On

Life has been busy lately... lots of school and socializing and work. Just to fill you in on what's going on in my life, here's what's up. 

For those of you who are wondering, my applesauce brownies turned out pretty good. I didn't actually try them, but everyone who did only had good things to say about them. The other pan of brownies was good as well, and lasted only a couple of hours at SJU :o) I now have six containers of applesauce and eight eggs to somehow get rid of...

As to the rest of my life, classes are going well. I've had my first test in two of my classes, and I have one more coming up this Thursday. I have a couple of papers due pretty soon in FYS, and a project coming up in Peace Studies. Other than that, it's just been class as usual. Nothing too exciting, nothing too boring. Getting up and going to Comm is still tough, but it's one of my favorite classes, so I guess it's worth it. 

Work has been fun for both of my jobs. In Admissions I'm still calling accepted seniors, and it's a lot of fun to have them tell me that they are committed to CSB/SJU. Campus Ministry isn't that busy for me, but I am getting to know my co-workers better, and I love them all. We have  a lot fun together, especially at Masses on Sundays and then dinner afterwards. 

I checked out the Sophmore dorms this week. Merideth and Brittany are planning on getting a double, and I'm going for a single right next to them. We don't get to sign up for rooms for a while yet, but it was kind of exciting to check the three dorms out. I think I'm going to really like having my own room, especially if Merideth and Brittany live right next door. We have a lot of fun together, and it's going to be easier to live nearer to each other than we do right now. Plus, Sophmore dorms are right across the way from the Gorecki and the bus stop, so that's going to be GREAT. 

Outside of classes and work, I've been staying busy. This weekend Adam came up to visit me Friday night, which was fun. I haven't seen him since October, and it was fantastic to be able to hang out again. We talked for a couple of hours and then went and saw a movie before he went home. Yesterday was also a lot of fun. I slept in, got up and went to lunch/breakfast with Merideth and Brittany, went and bought flowers for those two and Heather, and then came back and picked the girls up to go out to SJU for a while. Brittany and I colored Valentine's Day pictures for almost all of Mary 2, and we went over to hang them up early in the afternoon. We hung out there for a while, and then Heather and I came back to get some homework done before our girls' night. The four of us (Me, Merideth, Brittany, and Heather) ordered a pizza and watched a movie in Brittany's room to celebrate being single :o) We had a lot of fun just hanging out and chatting, and after Merideth and Heather went back to their rooms around 11:00, Brittany and I proceeded to talk for another two and a half hours before we finally fell asleep. I slept until 11:30 and then Brittany, Merideth and I went to get some food. I went to the gym after we got back, and I'm about to go shower and get ready for church before I do a little bit of homework. Only three days of classes again this week, and I'm going home on Friday for the day to get some stuff done before Spring Break. 

That's about all that's new. Hope everything is going well for all of you reading this! xo

No comments: