Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

I'm home for the holiday weekend, and it feels great :) I made it in around 10:30 last night, and was sleeping within an hour. The drive is exhausting enough, especially when I make it alone, and to do at the end of a full day of work makes it even more tiring.

Dad's family was here celebrating with us today, and it was wonderful to see everyone again. I feel like it's been quite a while ... and if I stop and think about it, it's been even longer than I realized. It was a lot of fun to hang out with most of my little cousins and enjoy good food, lots of laughter, and good company. Tomorrow night, I get some more family time babysitting my favorite little cousins. I've been looking forward to hanging with them since Drea asked me to babysit a few weeks ago, so I'm definitely excited to spend time with them.

Mom and I are planning on going Black Friday shopping tomorrow; I'm hoping to find some of the big ticket items that I need for my apartment, like a vacuum cleaner and a microwave. We'll see how motivated we get... I might come home with a lot more than that!

While it's fantastic being home, and difficult to live so far away, I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to returning to my own home on Saturday evening. I'm playing taxi driver on Sunday, driving to the Madison airport and back mid-evening and the Milwaukee airport and back a few hours after that, so I'm heading to my place a day earlier than originally planned, so as to not have to spend the whole day in my car.

Today I am thankful for many things, and I hope that you have blessings to count too!

No comments: