Well here I am, almost two months after my last blog update, finally graduated, back from Florida, with a wedding under my belt, and struggling to beat seasonal allergies. The past two months have been quite full, both with emotions and events.
My last finals stretch was a little rough - I had three presentations and three papers/take home tests due in the span of one week, and that really made life stressful for a while. However, I made it through everything with flying colors, and even managed to enjoy myself while I was doing it. Saying good bye was awful... I never really let myself think about the fact that I was leaving St. Ben's and all of my friends behind for good until the morning after I graduated. I woke up, after an eventful night in town, and started to pack up my apartment for the last time. I did okay for a little while, but ended up working myself into a panic attack and had to head upstairs to one of my friends' places for reassurance that I can, in fact, manage to live in the real world and that life would be good. SJU graduation was fun (made me glad that I got mine over with the day before) and I gave lots of hugs, took lots of pictures, and held it together until after I left. Honestly, it still hasn't sunk in that I'm done. Or that my friends are now going to be quite scattered instead of in one place. Oh well, such is life.
Florida was amazing. Mom and I went with Drea and the kids, and we had a blast. It was great to have a vacation, and even better to spend it with my mama and auntie as well as my two favorite kiddos. We took them to Disney World one day, and it was absolutely magical! I will always love the place, and it was great to be able to watch Becca light up when we saw all the cool things to see. It was a long day, but just fabulous all around.
The wedding I spoke of was last Saturday. A good friend of mine from grade, middle, and high school got married, and he asked me to play piano for them. It was a huge honor, and I had a great time helping them celebrate the beginning of their life together. The only downside was the fact that I drove over three hours to get there on Friday and over three hours home on Saturday. Definitely worth it though.
I am now in the process of unpacking my school life, repacking for the move, looking up apartments in Madison (and setting up appointments to go see them next week), downloading and editing pictures from graduation and Florida, and settling into summer life. I have tons of plans - including my grad party next Saturday at which I hope to see you all!! - and my mother keeps telling me that there's no way I'll manage to fit everything into my summer, but I'll be doing my best. Thanks for your patience, and I hope to be on here more regularly again now that life is semi-settled down.
Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment