Yesterday I officially accepted a position as a part of the Quality Assurance team with a company called Epic. (It was offered to me on Monday, and when I talked to my recruiter yesterday afternoon I told her that I accepted.)
I started this process in January, when I began my online application. Shortly after I got back to school, the company contacted me, asking me to do a phone interview. I can only assume this is because they saw what my major was and where I go to school, as I hadn't even uploaded a résumé yet, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. Anyway, I scheduled a phone interview and for some reason was never contacted, so I rescheduled it for the following week, and when I finally connected with them I had a really great conversation with someone, during which they asked me to consider a second position, due to my math background, as well as the one I had originally applied for. They contacted me via email the following day, asking me to come out to Madison to do a formal interview, just in time to kick my weekend off in happiness.
So, on February 15th, I drove out to Madison, where they put me up for the night in a fancy hotel (and took me out to dinner with a couple of other recruits, at which I (yes, me, Rachel Marie Pelletier) ate SUSHI! It was crazy). Anyway. The next morning, I drove out to Verona, which is where the company is actually located, and started my day off. I was there for almost eight hours, touring, getting overviews, interviewing, giving a presentation, and so on and so forth. It was a long day, but I really fell in love with the place, so it was definitely worth it. The following Tuesday, my recruiter called me and said that she had talked things over with the team and they thought that I might be a better fit for a third position, and asked if I would be willing to talk to someone about that. Of course, I said yes, so I talked to that person last Friday and decided that she was right; this probably was a better fit for me.
On Monday, my recruiter and I played phone tag for a few hours, but finally connected and discussed how I was feeling about the various positions, and around 5:30, she called me back with a formal offer. Needless to say, I was pretty excited - I started hopping up and down immediately - and wanted to accept right away, but I knew that it wasn't professional to do so, and asked her if we could talk in a couple of days. That couple of days put us at yesterday, and we talked, she answered all my questions, and I accepted the position. It's a huge relief to have my life after college figured out, and I consider myself very blessed to have fallen in love with the first place I looked at and then to have been hired there.
The only downfall is that I will be moving to Madison this summer. I'm not looking forward to that, as I love my family very much and hate the thought of being further away from them than I ever have before, but I suppose I will adjust with time. As I have mentioned, I'm very excited about this job, and I think that I will thoroughly enjoy working there, especially since a classmate of mine has also accepted a position on the Quality Assurance team, and a friend/coworker has recently submitted an application.
That's all I can think of that would be interesting to you, but if you have any questions, shoot them my way. I'm beyond happy about this, so I'm more than willing to talk about it forever :)
Much love.
3 comments:
Congratulations! Madison is a great place to live! You just can't become a Badger or Packer fan!
Thanks! I've only heard good things about Madison; I'm sure I will enjoy living there. There is absolutely NO chance I will become a Badger or Packer fan, so all is well there :)
How exciting! Congratulations! Your Dad told me about it last night. I hope the job is as wonderful as it sounds, and you find a great place to live in Madison.
Will see you on the 18th when I pick y'all up at the airport. Love you ~ Grandma Kay
Post a Comment