Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Noses To The Grindstone

The first week back after Spring Break is always a rough one; I've just been somewhere warm and sunny, getting lots of sleep, and doing nothing. Then I have to come back to the chilly weather (although this year's been better than most in that regard) and school. Last week was hard, not because I had a ton going on, but simply because I didn't want to be back in classes. Luckily, the weather, although rainy, wasn't terribly cold, and that's always nice. I had two days of classes, worked at the center for a day, and ran a work retreat Friday into Saturday. (Oh! And Jordan, Phill, and Max took me and Molly to see Shutter Island, which we've been waiting to see since September, and it was FANTASTIC!) For some reason though, I feel like I was super super busy all week, and it seems impossible that everything that happened, happened in just five days. Next week is legitimately going to be busy: three full days of class/service learning/work/self-defense class, a full day of work at ABC, and a day where I have to go sit in on classes to observe them for another class. And hopefully seeing Matt, eating with Laura, and catching up with everyone that I haven't seen yet.

The good news is that there're only two more weeks that are as busy next week; next week and the last one of the semester. Which is coming up mighty quickly: two and a half weeks of classes then Easter Break, and then the semester only has two full weeks of classes and two weeks of four class days left! I can't believe how fast this semester has gone by. Erin and I are living together in a two-person apartment next year, and we're pretty excited about that, but it seems so weird that we only have a couple of months left in our cozy little room here in Lottie.

My favorite news from the past week is that I got my job at Sugar back for this summer!! I'm very excited to be working there again, even though I don't know the full details. It will be great to get back up there and see everyone, and to just spend time outside enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

My final thing to say is that lately I have been obsessed with Karen Russell's blog (http://karenrussell.typepad.com/my_lifejust_not_on_the_ro/ for those of you that are interested). I stumbled upon it because one of my aunts has a link to it on her own blog, and has mentioned her before. I have no idea whether or not anyone in my family actually knows this woman, but I'm finding her fascinating. She teaches photography, and that is quite clear in her blog pictures. I don't know why I'm so into her blog, but I just love it. It's been a nice break from all of the reading I do for my classes, even though it makes me a little ashamed that I don't do such a good job at blogging.

Well, that's all I've got for now. It's almost time to start getting ready for church, even though I have absolutely no desire to go be inside of a building with no windows for three and a half hours (it's this type of weather that makes me wish we could have Mass in the morning like every other church does). Tonight looks to be a math homework-type night, and hopefully I'll get to be early so that I'm ready for tomorrow.... I've just got to make it through the next four days, and then I get to see Matt, which will make Friday a piece of cake to handle. Love to all, hope you're enjoying the sunshine!!

No comments: