Why Blog?

I'm a 22 year college graduate, documenting the things in my life that I want to always remember. The big things, the little things, the crazy things, the everyday things. It gets a bit random at times, and sometimes I like to ponder on the craziness of life. There's nothing earth-shattering here, but I like to think it's all fun to read. Read, leave me comments, ask questions, enjoy.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Mexico

Spring break takes too long to get here and goes by way too fast for my liking. We went to Mexico for the week, and it was a lot of fun: sunny, warm, and very relaxing. I read a lot of books that didn't require any thinking and slept in the hammocks out front almost every day. We didn't do much, just a lot of relaxing in the sun and walking up and down the beach. (And since I promised to mention him more often, I should comment on the fact that Jordan was also in Mexico for a little while last week on a cruise, but I didn't get to see him cause he was on the other coast.)

It was nice to come back to a somewhat warm Minnesota, even though it was pretty late at night by the time I got home. I came back up to school yesterday afternoon, worked for a few hours, and headed to Matt's for the night. We watched the Green Mile after we fully discussed my trip. If you haven't watched it, I would recommend it, but only if you have a strong stomach. It's about death row, and it was pretty tough to watch. I spent a number of minutes with my head buried in the couch/Matt's shoulder when I couldn't handle what was going on, but overall, it was a good movie. We talked about it a little afterwards (it was 1:00 in the morning, so it was very little talking) and it really made us think. I think we both dreamt about it all night and that was no fun.

Now it's back to the routine: class tomorrow and Thursday, working at the daycare Wednesday and possibly Friday, and hanging out with the people that I missed. It was weird to actually miss my roommate for once and it was really nice to see her again! It's yuck to have to come back to classes when all I want is summer, even though summer will bring things that I'm not looking forward to. Anyway, I'm kind of out of it because I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'll update more later. Hope all is well with all y'all and that you're enjoying the beautiful weather. love!

No comments: