In a lifestyle that is fairly repetitive each day it can be easy to forget the simple pleasures in life. Tonight I had the chance to catch up with an old friend of mine, someone that I've been friends with for the past 13 years, and I am sitting here after hanging up with a big smile on my face. No matter how amazing I find my new friends, there are people out there that actually know me, people that have watched me grow up, remember my Harry Potter glasses and bangs, and have been there for me through all the ups and downs that the past 13 years have brought.
Do you have someone that used to be a big part of your life but you haven't talked to in a while? Call them up! Even if it's been years, it'll still be great to catch up. Maybe you'll talk for half an hour and then not talk again for many many years, but it's still fun to remember the way things used to be. Don't let the people that used to mean everything to you slip into your past without making it into your future.
No comments:
Post a Comment