So today I left my home for a new one. Moving in went pretty well- it was hot and crowed, but that was expected. I have pretty much everything in a place, but it won't necessarily stay there. It's so weird to be sharing a room that is the same size as the one I just left with another person. And we both have a ton of stuff! I think living in a dorm will be an adventure that I will love at times and hate at others.
After I got most of my stuff put away, I met with the Bennies going on Collegebound. My group has nine people in, seven first years and two facilitators. We talked about the trip and got to know each other for a bit before the Johnnies joined us for games and pizza. There are close to 50 people going on the trip, all split up into groups with a max of nine people. Each person has to share a pack with someone else... imagine trying to fit two girls' stuff for a week in one bag, plus two sleeping bags and four pairs of shoes. It's crazy! So far my packmate and I have not been able to figure out how to get all of our stuff in one bag.Tomorrow morning we meet at 8:00, go pick up the boys, and head to the Boundary Waters. The BWCA has a leave no waste policy, which means no soap or toothpaste can get left behind. Which means we don't get to shower until we get back. Should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment